Bite Me Sport Fishing - Bite Me 1
Bite Me Sportfishing brings you to the Kona Coast, a place that’s renowned for giant blue marlin and Big Island Deep Sea Fishing. The whole family is invited to enjoy and participate in these Big Island Tours full of adventure and excitement. The Big Island’s Kona area is famous for Big Island Deep Sea Fishing. When you book these Big Island Activities through Big Island Activities Discount, you’re sure to save both time and money. Choose Bite Me Sportfishing’s Bite Me 1 and enjoy some of the best Hawaii Activities available!
With these Big Island Tours, you can choose between the Bite Me, Bite Me II, and Bite Me III. Each of our boats leaves from Honokohau Harbor, the nearest place to the best Big Island Deep Sea Fishing spot around: “Grander Alley.”
These Big Island Activities give you the chance to catch striped marlin, blue marlin, black marlin, short nosed spearfish, ono, ahi, wahoo, mahi mahi, yellowfin tuna, skip jack tuna, big eye tuna, rainbow runners, and even sharks!
If you choose a share charter for these Hawaii Activities, keep in mind that you can have a maximum of six people on a 40-foot boat.
When you’re reserving your Big Island Activities, Big Island Tours, and Hawaii Activities through Big Island Activities Discount, be sure to ask about the Big Island Deep Sea Fishing tours offered through Bite Me Sportfishing!
- Gold Penn International Two-Speed Reels
- Five - 130s; Two - 80s; Two - 50s
- Shimano TLD Graphite Reels
- Four - TLD 25s; Four - TLD 15s
*Assorted Accurate Fishing Tackle
- Melton International Custom Built Rods
- Rupp Tournament Outriggers
- Full Size Murray Brothers Fighting Chair
- Tuna Tubes
- Tuna tubes keep baits fresh and lively.
- Live Bait Wells
Bite Me 1 Vessel Facts:
- 40-foot Uniflite
- Comfortable covered air-conditioned cabin and sleeping quarters for overnight trips
- Leather couches, TV, VCR, DVD, video games and custom-made bow cushions
- Microwave, coffee maker, refrigerator
- Shaded top deck for great viewing
- Rail mounted digital video recorder
- Clean restroom with showers
- Two brand new 3126B Electronic 450hp Caterpillar engines with a top speed of 30 knots
Bite Me 1
Hauling in a Big One
Big Island Sportfishing
Kona Big Game Fishing
- Where and When:
- Departs from Honokohau Harbor, 74-425 Kealakehe Parkway, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740 View Map
Departure times available at 6:30 am, 10:30 am and 2:30 pm, depending on tour chosen.
Directions for Honokohau Harbor & Check-In:
For Full Day, 3/4 Day or Half Day Morning that checks in before 10:00 am, check in at the boat. The Harbor is 5 miles south of Kona airport and 3 or 4 miles north of Kailua-Kona. At the traffic light intersection, take Kealakehe Parkway from the highway (Hwy 19) towards the ocean. You'll see the sailboat masts from the highway and there's a sign for Honokohau Marina. Take that road lined with coconut palms and stay on that road so you'll be on the south side of the marina waters. Park on the ocean side of the restroom building with the red roof. You'll see a red sign that says "Bite Me 1" near a boat ramp that will drop you down to the vessel.
For 3/4 Day or Half Day Morning that checks in after 10:00 am, check in at the Bite Me Logo Store. The Harbor is 5 miles south of Kona airport and 3 or 4 miles north of Kailua-Kona. At the traffic light intersection, take Kealakehe Parkway from the highway (Hwy 19) towards the ocean. You'll see the sailboat masts from the highway and there's a sign for Honokohau Marina. Take that road lined with coconut palms and go Right at your first opportunity. Immediately on your left is a blue building complex with its own parking lot. The office is right by the flagpole.
- There are no specific restrictions for this activity.
- Special Notes:
- Any marlins are catch and release. Any fish 50 lbs or less will be cut and the guest may take home. Anything above 50 lbs will be kept by the captain of the boat.
- Operation Days:
- 1/2 Day Shared Charter (4 hours)
1/2 Day Private Charter (4 hours)
3/4 Day Private Charter (6 hours)
Full Day Private Charter (8 hours)
- Bite Me Sportfishing
- The Bite Me 1 is a 40-foot Uniflite featuring two 3126B Electronic 450hp Caterpillar engines with a top speed of 30 knots. It is Bite Me Sportfishing's original boat and one of Kona's fastest 40 footers.