Captain Cook Historical Sunset Dinner Cruise
If you’re looking for a dinner cruise that provides more than just a buffet and sunset view – if you want a little piece of Hawaiian history along the way, then book the Captain Cook Historical Cruise through Big Island Activities Discount. This Big Island Dinner Cruise takes you back in time to a place when Captain Cook ruled the seas and powerful Kings ruled the land.
This Body Glove Historical Dinner Cruise happens every Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night from 4pm to 7pm. The evening begins with a complimentary cocktail from a fully stocked bar. As you cruise to the Kealakekua Bay a tour guide will entertain with stories of Hawaiian history and legends. Before dinner you’ll visit famous landmarks such as the Ahu’ena Heiau, the Holua Slide, and the Kuamo’o Battlefield. Once at the Bay, a full course Hawaiian dinner will be served.
- Vegetable Crudités (Gluten Free)
- Assorted Cheeses (Gluten Free)
- Lomi Ahi Tuna (Gluten Free)
- Roasted Red Pepper Hummus (Vegan, Gluten Free)
- South Pacific Avocado Dip (Vegan, Gluten Free)
- Pita Chips (Vegan)
- Kalua Pork & Braised Purple Cabbage (Gluten Free)
- Ginger Shoyu Braised Beef (Gluten Free)
- Pineapple Glazed Chicken (Gluten Free)
- Coconut Dinner Rolls
- Vegetable Rice Pilaf (Vegan, Gluten Free)
- Pesto Orzo Salad (Vegetarian)
- Quinoa-Garden Salad with Tropical Vinaigrette (Vegan, Gluten Free)
- *Vegan / Vegetarian Entrée available upon request
- Cheesecake with Strawberry & Lilikoi Dressing
- *Vegan / Gluten Free brownie available upon request
- 65 foot long catamaran
- 15 foot high jump
- 20 foot water slide
- Wheelchair friendly
All meals are prepared by Chef Jason Lofland, author of ‘Catch!’ The Discovery Channel's Deadliest Catch’ Official Cookbook. Included is one complimentary cocktail. Cash bar thereafter.
On the way back to land you’ll get to enjoy the sunset and live Hawaiian entertainment. This Big Island Sunset Cruise also gives you a great chance to see Spinner Dolphins and in the winter months Humpback Whales.
Not only is this tour historical but a portion of the Body Glove Cruises is donated to the Kona Historical Society for the preservation of the Kona Coast. You can’t find a better way to celebrate history than this Big Island Sunset Dinner Cruise. Book it today and go back in time with Body Glove Cruises!
- Where and When:
- Body Glove Cruises' main office is located in the Ilima Court (North Kona Shopping Center, 75-5629 Kuakini Hwy, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740), which has the closest free parking to the Kailua-Kona pier. It is about a five minute walk down to the pier from the office.
Check in at 3:30 pm at the Kailua-Kona pier.
Departure is at 4:00 pm. Return is at 7:00 pm.
- There are no specific restrictions for this activity.
- Special Notes:
- A portion of all proceeds from this historical cruise are donated to the Kona Historical Society for the preservation, restoration and education of the culture and history of the Kona Coast.
Seating is first come firsts serve.
- Operation Days:
- Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday
- 3 hours
- Body Glove
- Body Glove Cruises operates the Kanoa II, a state-of-the-art 65-foot catamaran that was designed with quality and comfort in mind. Guests enjoy plenty of shade and cushioned seating. The vessel features flat screen televisions, a full sound system for live entertainment and a full service premium bar. The Kanoa II is equipped with three restrooms and is also wheelchair friendly. The spacious lower deck allows for a full range of movement.