Kohala Zipline - Kohala Canopy Tour
This fun zipline tour, located near the northern tip of the Big Island, traverses lush forests and features soaring platforms built into huge trees, as well as several suspension bridges. Zipping from tree to tree, you’ll feel like Tarzan on this 9-zipline trek. Fly past eucalyptus and native kukui trees and over ancient taro terraces. Also keep an eye out for the Kohala Ditch, a historic irrigation canal built in 1906.
Kohala Zipline features dual WhisperLines, which consist of double cables with thick, durable coating to ensure your safety and comfort. Safety comes first at Kohala Zipline. That’s why redundant safety systems are built into all components of their tour.
- Fun zipline tour that includes suspension bridges and a rappel
- 9 zipline runs in total (ziplines get progressively longer)
- Walk across suspension bridges connecting ziplines
- Tour ends with an exciting rappel from the final tree
- 9-Line Zipline Canopy Tour
- 2 certified canopy guides on every tour
- Approx. 2.5 – 3 hours, start to finish
- Rain wear, water, snack, all safety gear included
Kohala Canopy Tour
Big Island Zipline
- Where and When:
- Check in 30 minutes prior to your tour time.
Driving directions from Kona/Waikoloa/Mauna Lani to the Kohala Zipline in Hawi:
1) Head north on Queen Kaahumanu Hwy (Route 19).
2) Turn left on Akoni Pule Hwy (Route 270) heading towards Kawaihae/Hawi.
3) Arrive at Kohala Zipline station just past Hawi.
Approximate drive times:
Mauna Lani: 30 40 minutes
Kailua-Kona: 60 70 minutes
Kohala Zipline, 55-515 Hawi Road, Hawi, HI 96719 View Map
- Participants must be able to walk over uneven terrain and handle one short climb.
Participants must wear closed-toed walking shoes.
Lightweight pants or knee length shorts and a T-shirt are recommended because of harness.
Participants must weigh between 70 and 270 lbs and be at least 8 years old.
Minor children require a parent or guardian to sign their participation agreement, and children between the ages of 8 and 13 require an adult to zip with them.
This tour is not for those with back or neck problems and expectant mothers.
- Special Notes:
- Includes water, snack, all safety gear (helmets, gloves & harnesses).
- Operation Days:
- 3 hours