Big Island Air - Premier Island Tour
Go on this spectacular circle island airplane tour to some of the most amazing sights on the Big Island! Take off from Kona International Airport to soar above the island on a reliable Cessna Grand Caravan EX airplane with guaranteed window seating for each passenger!
Fly over the powerful and active Kilauea Volcano, breathtaking cascading waterfalls, ancient Hawaiian settlements, lush green valleys and rain-forests, black and white sand beaches and over 260 miles of gorgeous coastline. Every flight is fully narrated by your pilot who will share his expert knowledge of Hawaii's geography, volcanoes, myths, legends and many other interesting facts. Don't miss this amazing way to see the Big Island!
- Circle island flight – see the entire Big Island of Hawaii during this grand air tour
- Ever changing landscapes, from black lava fields to lush tropical rainforests, deep valleys and mountains
- Fully-narrated tour, including passenger headsets
- Cessna Grand Caravan EX
- Aircraft was originally configured for 13 passengers, but Big Island Air has adopted a 9-passenger configuration to ensure
everyone has their own window for viewing as well as ample room
- Every seat is a window seat
- Aircraft is air-conditioned for your comfort
- BIG SEATS with lots of leg room
- High wing aircraft for excellent viewing
Big Island Air has the most experienced flight crew in the state of Hawaii. Their pilots are trained at the prestigious Flight Safety international School, in addition to their already impressive and extensive flight histories, which include commercial, military and airline transport pilot ratings. Big Island Air's Director of operations and the Chief Pilot alone have more than 22,000 hours of flight time between them.
Big Island Air
Big Island Air Tours
- Where and When:
- Morning: departing between 7:00 am & 9:00 am
Mid-day: departing between 11:30 am & 2:00 pm
The exact departure time for your preferred time frame will be specified on your voucher. Check-in is 30 minutes prior to departure. Departs from Kona International Airport View Map
Parking in the area is metered. Rates are subject to change, but 3 hours is usually around $9.00.
- Weight limit per passenger is 250 lbs (113 kg).
If a seat is not available at time of check-in, the passenger may be denied boarding due to the weight & balance of the aircraft and WILL NOT be eligible for a refund.
Passengers need to bring a government issued photo ID. International passengers will need their passport.
- Special Notes:
- Infants (0-23 months) may ride for free sitting on a parent's lap. If they require their own seat, the full price will be charged. Please provide child's weight at time of booking.
When you choose a time frame we will email you an exact time your flight will take place. If you need to book an exact time for your flight, please call to make a reservation.
This tour is not suggested for cruise ship passengers.
- Operation Days:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday
- 1 hour and 40 minutes
- Big Island Air
- Cessna Grand Caravan EX - turbine-engine, jet prop airplane
Features a window seat for each guest, ample leg and head room, air conditioning, and high wing design.