Blue Hawaiian Helicopters - Circle of Fire
Blue Hawaiian Helicopters’ Circle of Fire Big Island Helicopter Tour gives you a chance to discover the most geologically active environment on the planet, with importance placed on the most current regions of volcanic activity. With these Big Island Tours, you’ll be able to observe black sand beaches and lava flows. The Circle of Fire brings you to see tropical rainforests while you learn about the culture and history of the area.
When you’re reserving your Hawaii Tours, Big Island Activities, Big Island Tours, and Hawaii Activities through Big Island Activities Discount, be sure to ask about Blue Hawaiian Helicopters’ Circle of Fire Big Island Helicopter Tour.
- Fly over active lava flow region on Hawaii's Big Island
- See vast lava fields, black sand beaches and tropical rainforests
- Learn about the geological history of the Big Island
- Comfortable ride in a state-of-the-art helicopter
- Bose aviation-grade noise-canceling headsets
- Two-way communication between you and your Blue Hawaiian pilot
- Front Row Seating Add-on can guarantee a front row seating for the
guest. Please note the restrictions listed below for this add-on.
- Where and When:
- Early Bird: departure at 8:00 am
Morning: departure between 9:00 am & 10:30 am
Mid-day: departure between 10:30 am & 1:00 pm
Afternoon: departure between 1:00 pm & 3:30 pm
Late Bird: departure at 4:45 pm
The exact departure time for your preferred time frame will be specified on your voucher.
Check in 45 minutes prior to departure. Prompt arrival allows for guest weight check-in, safety briefing, and to be escorted and seated on the aircraft for on-time departure. Late arrivals will be considered as a no-show. Traffic is unpredictable in the Islands. Please allow for ample travel time in case of traffic delays.
Departs from Hilo Airport View Map
View Driving Directions
- Tour routes and sights visited may vary according to wind and weather conditions.
For each passenger weighing 240+ pounds (109 kg), an adjacent empty seat is required to safely balance the aircraft and requires an additional surcharge equal to 1/2 ticket price.
The Federal Aviation Administration requires that each each passenger is weighed prior to departure. This weigh-in process is very discrete when you check in. Any significant variance in the weights provided and actual scale weight could result in flight delays or possible cancellation.
Front Row Seating Add-on Restrictions:
Combined Front Row seat weight must be under 470 lbs and individual passenger weights must be under 240 lbs.
Should the actual weights at check-in exceed any of these limits guests will be accommodated in other seats and allowed a refund for the upgrade fee.
Front Row passengers must occupy their own seats and must be able to refrain from interfering with the pilot and instrumentation. NO LAP CHILDREN IN FRONT ROW. In the event of an emergency front row passengers must be able to receive instructions in English and be physically capable of operating exit doors. Chair lifts are can only access the rear row seats, therefore guests requiring a chair lift cannot be accommodated in the front row.
You MUST have with you:
Passengers need to bring a government issued photo ID. International passengers will need their passport.
- Special Notes:
- Children 23 months or younger may fly at no charge and must sit on adult's lap. Please provide child's weight at time of booking.
When you choose a time frame we will email you an exact time your flight will take place. If you need to book an exact time for your flight, please call to make a reservation.
All helicopter tours are subject to weather cancellations. We are continually watching the weather to ensure safe flights. While we make every effort to notify you as soon as possible for changes, the pilot will make a weather call up to 15 minutes prior to flight time. If the tour is cancelled due to weather, we will give you an option to reschedule based on availability or refund.
- Operation Days:
- Monday - Saturday
- 45-50 minutes
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters
- ECO-Star: The Eco-Star is significantly quieter than the standard A-Star touring helicopter and offers 23% more interior space and over 60 square feet of viewing glass for 180 degree unobstructed views. The Eco-Star also has individual seats for every passenger that afford the kind of shoulder room and personal space found in airline "First Class" seating. The ECO-Star is the first helicopter specifically designed for touring, utilizing the latest aircraft and avionics technologies.