Blue Hawaiian Helicopters - Big Island Spectacular
With Blue Hawaiian Helicopters’ Big Island Spectacular offered through Big Island Activities Discount, you’re given the chance to observe the island’s volcanic fury and scenic beauty. These Big Island Helicopter Tours offer you the opportunity to discover cascading waterfalls, lush rainforests, and rushing lava during this two hour Big Island Tour.
When you’re reserving Big Island Activities, Big Island Tours, and Hawaii Tours through Big Island Activities Discount, be sure to ask about Blue Hawaiian Helicopters’ Big Island Spectacular Big Island Helicopter Tour!
- Bose aviation-grade noise-canceling headsets
- Two-way communication between you and your Blue Hawaiian pilot
- Fly over lush rainforests and valleys and cascading waterfalls
- See the amazing Kilauea volcano, lava fields and beautiful black sand beaches
- Tour was voted #1 by The Travel Channel as the "World's Best Helicopter Thrill"
- Front Row Seating Add-on can
guarantee a front row seating for the guest. Please note the
restrictions listed below for this add-on.
- Where and When:
- Morning tour: Departure between 7:00 am & 10:30 am
The exact departure time will be emailed with your confirmation.
Departs from Waikoloa Heliport View Map
View Driving Directions
Check in will be 1 hour prior to departure. Prompt arrival allows for guest weight check-in, safety briefing, and to be escorted and seated on the aircraft for on-time departure. Late arrivals will be considered as a no-show. Traffic is unpredictable in the Islands. Please allow for ample travel time in case of traffic delays.
- Tour routes and sights visited may vary according to wind and weather conditions.
For each passenger weighing 240+ pounds (109 kg), an adjacent empty seat is required to safely balance the aircraft and requires an additional surcharge equal to 1/2 ticket price.
The Federal Aviation Administration requires that each each passenger is weighed prior to departure. This weigh-in process is very discrete when you check in. Any significant variance in the weights provided and actual scale weight could result in flight delays or possible cancellation.
Front Row Seating Add-on Restrictions:
Combined Front Row seat weight must be under 470 lbs and individual passenger weights must be under 240 lbs. Should the actual weights at check-in exceed any of these limits guests will be accommodated in other seats and allowed a refund for the upgrade fee.
Front Row passengers must occupy their own seats and must be able to refrain from interfering with the pilot and instrumentation. NO LAP CHILDREN IN FRONT ROW. In the event of an emergency front row passengers must be able to receive instructions in English and be physically capable of operating exit doors. Chair lifts are can only access the rear row seats, therefore guests requiring a chair lift cannot be accommodated in the front row.
You MUST have with you:
Passengers need to bring a government issued photo ID. International passengers will need their passport.
- Special Notes:
- Children 23 months or younger may fly at no charge and must sit on adult's lap. Please provide child's weight at time of booking.
When you choose a time frame we will email you an exact time your flight will take place. If you need to book an exact time for your flight, please call to make a reservation.
- Operation Days:
- Thursday & Friday
- Approximately 2 hours
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters
- The Eco-Star is significantly quieter than the standard A-Star touring helicopter and offers 23% more interior space and over 60 square feet of viewing glass for 180 degree unobstructed views. The Eco-Star also has individual seats for every passenger that afford the kind of shoulder room and personal space found in airline "First Class" seating. The ECO-Star is the first helicopter specifically designed for touring, utilizing the latest aircraft and avionics technologies.