Volcano Deluxe Sunshine Helicopters
CHECK OUT THE EARLY BIRD SPECIAL FOR THE 7:30 AM TOUR!
Sunshine Helicopters’ Volcano Helicopter Tour lasts for almost two full hours. During this Big Island Helicopter Tour, you’ll be able to experience the lava vents of the Big Island’s active volcano, Kilauea. The force of the live volcanic terrain will surely take your breath away during your Hawaii Helicopter Tour in Hilo. There is a wide variety of sights that you’ll be able to see during these thrilling Hawaii Activities. This Hawaii Tour will whisk you away through Kohala mountains’ tropical valleys, dozens of waterfalls, and above the beautiful rainforest of the Hamakua coast.
Sunshine Helicopters’ Volcano Helicopter Tour includes: complimentary coffee, ground briefing, personally narrated tour, choreographed music through rich stereophonic headsets, and air-conditioning. You’ll have the option to buy the pilot-narrated video of your flight on DVD as well.
When you’re booking your Hawaii Activities and Hawaii Tours through Big Island Activities Discount, be sure to ask about Sunshine Helicopters’ Volcano Helicopter Tour.
- Kohala Mountains
- Kilauea – active volcano
- Hamakua Coast and rainforest
- Where and When:
- Early bird and morning departure times. The exact departure time for your preferred timeframe will be specified on your voucher.
Departs from Hapuna Heliport View Map
View Driving Directions
- First class guarantee of front seat is limited to 290 lbs (131 kg) or a combined weight of 490 lbs (222 kg) for 2 passengers. Open seating over 290 lbs (131 kg) may require the purchase of a comfort seat.
All passengers are weighed at check-in. If given weight is substantially lower than actual weight, you may get bumped from the flight, but still have to pay for the seat.
If requesting first class seating for a minor, one of the passengers in first class must be over 16 and traveling with the minor.
A valid government issued photo I.D. is required.
Flight patterns and specific sights are subject to weather conditions.
- Special Notes:
- Children 23 months or younger may fly at no charge and must sit on adult's lap. Please provide child's weight at time of booking.
- Operation Days:
- 1 hour 45 minutes
- Sunshine Helicopters
- The EC 130 B4 WhisperSTAR is the ultimate in sightseeing helicopters. More interior room, more visibility with added plexiglass and elevated rear seats. Sunshine Helicopters customizes the standard factory interior with business and first class seating to further enhance passenger comfort and visibility. Soar in the state-of-the-art WhisperSTAR and experience the quiet, ultra smooth and most advanced technological sightseeing helicopter ever.