Big Island of Hawaii Grand Circle Island Tour
Recent volcanic eruptions in 2018 have
drastically changed the landscape of Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, and
for the time being, the Visitor Center, steam vents and parts of Chain
of Craters Road are the only areas that have reopened.
This Grand Circle Island Tour brings you to enjoy the excitement and wonders that the Big Island has to offer. See all of the island's top attractions in one day!Tour Highlights:
- Royal Kona Coffee Mill & Museum*
- Mauna Loa Volcano (seen in the distance)
- Pu’uhonua O Honaunau National Park* (known as the “Place of Refuge”)
- Punalu‘u Black Sand Beach*
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park*
- Volcano House Restaurant* (lunch on own) – views of Halema’uma’u Crater
- Halema’uma’u Crater* – viewed from steam vents; remarkably changed since June 2018
- Kilauea Visitor Center* – park updates & educational displays
- Steam Vents* – groundwater seeps down to hot volcanic rocks forming steam clouds
- Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Visitor Center*
- Hilo Town, King Kamehameha Statue & Shinmachi Tsunami Memorial
- Rainbow Falls*
- Return to Kona via famous Saddle Road (with views of many volcanoes)
*Denotes tour stops. Viewing of lava is not guaranteed due to external factors outside our control.
When you’re reserving your Big Island Activities, Hawaii Activities, and Big Island Tours through Big Island Activities Discount, be sure to ask about Big Island Land Tours such as the Grand Circle Island Tour.
- Where and When:
- Tour time:
Approx. 7:00 am to 8:00 pm
Pick-up is provided from main Kona hotels. The exact pick-up and return time depends on the location of your hotel and will be specified in your confirmation email.
- There are no specific restrictions for this activity.
Please contact us if anyone in your party has special needs.
- Special Notes:
- Operation Days:
- Monday & Thursday
- 13 hours
- Polynesian Adventure Tours
- Air-conditioned tour bus with Polynesian Adventure Tours