Volcano Adventure Tour
As of September, this tour is again visiting
parts of Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. Recent volcanic eruptions
changed the landscape of the park drastically. Currently the Visitor
Center, Steam Vents, and parts of Chain of Craters Road are the only
areas reopened. As locations are opened they may be added to the route
& stops not from the original tour may be removed.Tour Highlights:
- Visit Hawaii Volcanoes National Park (park admission included)
- Volcano House for breakfast buffet (not included in tour price)
- Halema’uma’u Crater – viewed from Volcano House; remarkably changed since June 2018
- Kilauea Visitors Center – educational exhibits and park information
- Steam Vents – ground water seeps down to hot volcanic rocks forming steam clouds
- Kilauea Iki Overlook – smaller pit crater next to main Kilauea caldera
- Chain of Craters Road – scenic drive; sections covered by lava in 2018 Kilauea eruption
- Devastation Trail – walk down a paved path to see the evidence of the 1959 Kilauea eruption
- Kealakomo Overlook – panoramic coastal and lava field views
- Mauna Loa Macadamia Visitor Center
- Akaka Falls
- Rainbow Falls
- Drive through Hilo town
- Drive by King Kamehameha Statue & Shinmachi Tsunami Memorial
- Drive along scenic Banyan Drive
- Liliuokalani Gardens
- Richardson’s Black Sand Beach
Polynesian Adventure Tours offers you a Volcano Adventure Tour on the
Big Island. Visit Steam Bluffs, Volcanoes National Park, Thurston Lava
Tube, Kilauea Iki Crater plus more.
This true Volcano adventure tour gives you a rich cultural experience
and an exciting view of nature at work. A scenic ride through gardens
and waterfalls gives way to the austere vistas of dormant volcanoes,
lava beds, steam vents & craters. Guides will share stories of Pele,
ancient Hawaiian goddess of the volcano. This opens way to many other
Hawaiian stories as well as volcanic artifacts you will find at Jagger
Museum and Kilauea Visitor Center at the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park.
Mother Nature is unpredictable but you may be able to catch a glimpse
of active lava flows from Kilauea which has been erupting since 1983.
Even if you don’t see active lava flow, the panoramic views will leave
This Big Island tour includes Rainbow Falls, the Hilo area, Macadamia
Nut Factory, Orchid and Anthurium Nursery and Volcanoes National Park.
Please bring money for a no host lunch stop.
- Where and When:
- Pick-up only from Hilo hotels and Hilo Airport.
Pick-up is at approximately 8:15 am with return at approximately 7:00 pm.
- Not suitable for participants with asthma or other respiratory diseases due to possible exposure to fumes.
- Special Notes:
- Use extra caution. You're visiting an area with an active volcano.
- Operation Days:
- Monday, Wednesday, & Friday
- Approximately 11 hours
- Polynesian Adventure Tours
- Comfortable air-conditioned tour bus