Volcano Adventure Tour
As of September, this tour is again visiting
parts of Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. Recent volcanic eruptions
changed the landscape of the park drastically. Currently the Visitor
Center, Steam Vents, and parts of Chain of Craters Road are the only
areas reopened. As locations are opened they may be added to the route
& stops not from the original tour may be removed.
- Stop at Rainbow Falls
- Stop at Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Stop at Kilauea Visitors Center
- Stop at Steam Vents
- View Halema'uma'u Crater from the Volcano house
- Drive parts of the Chain of Craters **starting Dec. 3rd guests can briefly stroll down part of Devastation Trail
- Stop at Kilauea Iki Overlook
- Pu'u Pua'i, Luamanu, & Puhimau Crater
- Stop at Kealakomo Overlook
- Stop at Lava Rock Cafe (no host lunch)
- Stop at Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Factory or Big Island Candies
- See parts of Hilo Town like Richardson's Black Sand Beach, Liliuokalani Gardens, & the King Kamehameha Statue
Polynesian Adventure Tours offers you a Volcano Adventure Tour on the
Big Island. Visit Steam Bluffs, Volcanoes National Park, Thurston Lava
Tube, Kilauea Iki Crater plus more.
This true Volcano adventure tour gives you a rich cultural experience
and an exciting view of nature at work. A scenic ride through gardens
and waterfalls gives way to the austere vistas of dormant volcanoes,
lava beds, steam vents & craters. Guides will share stories of Pele,
ancient Hawaiian goddess of the volcano. This opens way to many other
Hawaiian stories as well as volcanic artifacts you will find at Jagger
Museum and Kilauea Visitor Center at the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park.
Mother Nature is unpredictable but you may be able to catch a glimpse
of active lava flows from Kilauea which has been erupting since 1983.
Even if you don’t see active lava flow, the panoramic views will leave
This Big Island tour includes Rainbow Falls, the Hilo area, Macadamia
Nut Factory, Orchid and Anthurium Nursery and Volcanoes National Park.
Please bring money for a no host lunch stop.
PolyAd Hawaii Volcano Adventure
- Where and When:
- Pick-up only from Hilo hotels and Hilo Airport.
Pick-up at 8:00-8:30 am with return at approximately 6:00-6:45 pm.
- Not suitable for participants with asthma or other respiratory diseases due to possible exposure to fumes.
- Special Notes:
- Use extra caution. You're visiting an area with an active volcano.
- Operation Days:
- Monday through Saturday
- 9.5 hours
- Polynesian Adventure Tours
- Comfortable air-conditioned tour bus