Looking to attend the outstanding Captain Zodiac snorkeling tour, but wish to go with fewer people? Well this is the tour for you! This Hawaii snorkel tour departs from the Honokohau Harbor at 10 am and arrives at Kealakekua Bay around noon right as other tours will be leaving, allowing you and your Ohana (family) to enjoy a quiet and more personal snorkeling experience. This tour is about 5 hours long, so you get more time to snorkel and sight see the gorgeous coastline.
The Captain Zodiac “Beat the Crowd” Hawaii snorkeling tour brings you to Kealakekua Bay, one the most stunning snorkel spots in all of Hawaii. The Bay is overflowing with wildlife and has almost transparent water so you can see all of the life under water as you snorkel. While on the boat, your Captain will “talk story” about all of the Hawaiian history of Kealakekua Bay.
- Enjoy a 5 hour mid-day Big Island snorkeling tour
- Rafting tour covers 14 miles of scenic shoreline on the Kona Coast
- See lava tubes, sea caves, blowholes and archways along the rugged shoreline
- Snorkel in the crystal clear waters of the Kealakekua Bay Marine Preserve
- Chance to see a variety of marine life, including turtles, dolphins and a wide variety of tropical fish
- Snorkel gear (high-quality silicone masks, Rx masks, fins, float boards or vests)
- Detailed snorkeling instruction
- Light deli lunch with fresh pineapple, chips, cookies and an assortment of refreshing soft drinks
note: In Captain Zodiac's efforts to minimizing human impact on
Hawaii's environment, does not provide plastic bottles of water on the
trip. They encourage guests to use reusable water bottles and guests
are welcome to bring their own or purchase available ones at check in.
There are fill-up stations available at the office and on the boat.