Dolphin Discoveries Captain Cook Afternoon Snorkel
The Dolphin Discoveries Captain Cook Afternoon Snorkel tour through Big Island Activities Discount is three hours full of dolphin and whale watching, and is offered each afternoon. This Big Island Tour will introduce you to the lava tubes and sea caves of the Kona Coast while you travel to Captain Cook’s Monument located on Kealakekua Bay. Once you arrive, you’ll be able to jump right in and enjoy some Big Island Snorkeling in one of the best marine sanctuaries in Hawaii. While snorkeling, you’ll be able to observe an abundance of colorful fish that live among the vibrant coral reefs. After you’ve finished snorkeling on the Dolphin Discoveries Afternoon Snorkel in Kealakekua Bay, you’ll go on a journey to find Hawaii’s notorious spinner dolphins!
Here's what you can expect during these Big Island Activities:
Exploration of the historic Kona coast
A morning dolphin and whale watching/snorkel tour
A chance to learn about whales, dolphins, and other ocean wildlife
Visit eye-catching lava tubes and sea caves on the way to Captain Cook's Monument at Kealakekua Bay
When you’re reserving your Hawaii Activities, Big Island Activities, and Big Island Tours through Big Island Activities Discount, be sure to ask about Big Island Snorkeling and the Dolphin Discoveries Afternoon Snorkel at Kealakekua Bay.
- Afternoon dolphin and whale watch/snorkel tour
- Exploration of the historic Kona Coast
- Visit stunning sea caves and lava tubes en route to Captain Cook's Monument at Kealakekua Bay
- Learn about dolphins, whales and other ocean wildlife
- Snorkeling Gear
- Flotation Devices (including snorkeling vests & view finder boards)
- Water & Juice
- Bottled water
Captain Cook Snorkel
- Where and When:
- Keauhou Bay boat launch ramp.
Check-in is at 12:15 pm
Tour returns at approximately 3:00 pm.
- Must be at least 8 years old.
Participants must weigh under 285 pounds (129 kg).
- Special Notes:
- Snorkel gear, instruction & swim aids are included, as are snacks and cold drinks.
Whale watching season is from mid-December to mid-April.
- Operation Days:
- Approximately 3 hours
- Dolphin Discoveries
- The Nai'a Nui is a 28-foot rigid-hull inflatable adventure craft, complete with shade. It has room for up to 12 passengers.