Big Island Surf Lessons
Entry Level: No experience needed. Be able to swim.
Description: We specialize in beginners! Our group surfing lessons are limited to a maximum of 12 people
Semi-Private Hawaii Surf Lessons require no prior experience, but all participants do need to know how to swim. These Big Island Activities are for beginning surfers who would like more personalized instruction and have 4 guests maximum. These semi-private Hawaii Big Island Surf Lessons are highly recommended for those weighing 75 pounds or less and/or who are 12 years old and younger.
Entry Level: No experience needed.
Description: Private Lessons are just you and the instructor. For younger students these lessons are best and are required for anyone 10 yrs old or younger.
- Where and When:
- Check in 45 minutes prior to selected lesson time.
Loction can vary based on conditions but typically at Kahalu'u Beach Park or Honokohau Harbor
Please call 808-324-7873 the the morning of your activity to go over meeting location.
The Ocean Eco Tours Dive shop is located at the Honokohau Harbor off Highway 19 just 2.2 miles north of Kailua Kona town and 5.1 miles south of the Kona International Airport. Our shop offers lots of free parking as well as a complete line of equipment for rent or to purchase to meet your SCUBA, surfing and other water sports needs.
Ocean Eco Tours Shop
- 10 years and younger must take a private lesson, 11-12 is suggested to semi private
all participants must know how to swim proficiently.
- Special Notes:
- The semi-private Hawaii Big Island Surf Lessons are recommended for children weighing 75 pounds or less and/or 12 years old and younger. These classes are kept to a one instructor to two students ratio.
- Operation Days:
- 2.5 hours
- Surfing Hawaii Watersports
- Surfboards - large BZ foam long boards