Paradise Helicopters Hawaii Experience from Kona
Big Island Helicopter Tours through Paradise Helicopters are fantastic ways to experience the Big Island’s highlights such as the lava activity at Kilauea. We offer two different flight paths that will take you either between Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa or by the crystal clear waters of South Kona. Both of these give you great views of regions that you can only see during Kona Helicopter Tours. Once your Big Island Tour arrives at Kilauea Volcano, you’ll be able to check out the current lava activity. These Big Island Activities offered through Big Island Activities Discount are truly unforgettable!
Your Hawaii Tour will then go on to the north end of the Big Island where you’ll be able to observe emerald green valleys, lush tropical rainforests, and numerous waterfalls. Then you’ll leave the green behind as your Big Island Helicopter Tour brings you to the Kona Coast where you’ll be able to view gorgeous resorts.
- Unique overflights of historic Kailua Village, the world-famous Kona coffee belt, the intriguing south flank of Hualalai Volcano, the Pu'u O'o lava area and the valleys of Kohala
- See the Big Island's volcanoes, lush rainforests, waterfalls and black sand beaches
- American-made helicopter with executive seating
- Plenty of great photo opportunities
- Fully-narrated helicopter tour
- Two-way communication allowing you to speak directly with your pilot
When you’re reserving your Hawaii Activities, Big Island Activities, Hawaii Tours, and Big Island Tours through Big Island Activities Discount, be sure to ask about Paradise Helicopters’ Big Island Helicopter Tours.Tour Upgrades and Additional Information:
- Upgrade - Co-Pilot Seat:
This seat upgrade is for the seat next to the pilot that has the
advantage of 3 windows for viewing the tour and is separate from the
other guests. Seat is subject to weight and balance restrictions.
- Upgrade - Window Seat: This
upgrade guarantees a window seat. Seat is subject to weight and
balance restrictions. Seat may be forward facing or backwards facing, if a guests doesn't believe they can sit backwards facing please note next to name of guest. Every effort will be made not to place guest backwards facing but may not be guaranteed due to weight capacity and balancing of craft. Please note the capacity surcharge already
includes a window seat guarantee.
- Capacity Surcharge: A
capacity surcharge is required for guest who weight between 265 and 315
lbs at check in. A window seat is guaranteed with the capacity
surcharge. If you did not select the capacity surcharge and weigh
between these amounts at check in you will still be charged directly by
Paradise Helicopters before the flight.
- Extra Seat Charge: For guest that weigh above 315 lbs a Extra Seat Charge is required. If
you did not select the extra seat charge and weigh above 315 lbs at check in you will still be charged directly by Paradise
Helicopters before the flight.
- Transportation: Free
round-trip transportation available on a limited basis for guests in
the Kona Coast area, Hapuna area, and Keauhou area. Some exceptions may
NOTE: Guests may have to wait a period of time to catch the return
shuttles back to their pick up locations. If you have other activities
planned or don't wish to wait you'll need to make other arrangements.
- Where and When:
- Morning: departing between 8:00 am & 10:00 am
Mid-day: departing between 11:00 am & 12:00 pm
Afternoon: departing between 1:00 pm & 2:00 pm
The exact departure time for your preferred time frame will be specified on your voucher. Departs from Kona International Airport View Map
If you selected Kona side Transportation, exact pick up time and location will be emailed to you.
PLEASE NOTE: Guests may have to wait a period of time to catch the return shuttles back to their pick up locations. If you have other activities planned or don't wish to wait you'll need to make other arrangements.
- Each child (13 and under) must be accompanied by an adult.
- Passengers weighing between 265-315 lbs (120-142 kg) will be assessed a Capacity Surcharge of $50 for Kona flights. Passengers paying the Capacity Surcharge will be guaranteed a window seat. Passengers weighing over 315 lbs (142 kg) will be assessed an Extra Seat Charge. Passengers paying the Extra Seat Charge will be guaranteed a window seat and an empty seat next to them.
Children under the age of two (2) AND under 30 lbs (13.5 kg) fly free when seated in the lap of a paying adult. Children who are 24 months and older or children who are under 24 months but weigh over 30 lbs (13.5 kg) require an individual full-fare seat.
Passengers need to bring a government issued photo ID. International passengers will need their passport.
- Special Notes:
- Operation Days:
- Approx. 1.5 to 2 hours total flight time
- Paradise Helicopters
- BELL 407 Helicopter, featuring a spacious, wide body cabin and oversized windows for an outstanding view.