Paradise Helicopters Hawaii Experience from Kona
Big Island Helicopter Tours through Paradise Helicopters are fantastic ways to experience the Big Island’s highlights such as the lava activity at Kilauea. We offer two different flight paths that will take you either between Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa or by the crystal clear waters of South Kona. Both of these give you great views of regions that you can only see during Kona Helicopter Tours. Once your Big Island Tour arrives at Kilauea Volcano, you’ll be able to check out the current lava activity. These Big Island Activities offered through Big Island Activities Discount are truly unforgettable!
Your Hawaii Tour will then go on to the north end of the Big Island where you’ll be able to observe emerald green valleys, lush tropical rainforests, and numerous waterfalls. Then you’ll leave the green behind as your Big Island Helicopter Tour brings you to the Kona Coast where you’ll be able to view gorgeous resorts.
- Unique overflights of historic Kailua Village, the world-famous Kona coffee belt, the intriguing south flank of Hualalai Volcano, the Pu'u O'o lava area and the valleys of Kohala
- See the Big Island's volcanoes, lush rainforests, waterfalls and black sand beaches
- American-made helicopter with executive seating
- Plenty of great photo opportunities
- Fully-narrated helicopter tour
- Two-way communication allowing you to speak directly with your pilot
When you’re reserving your Hawaii Activities, Big Island Activities, Hawaii Tours, and Big Island Tours through Big Island Activities Discount, be sure to ask about Paradise Helicopters’ Big Island Helicopter Tours.Tour Upgrades and Additional Information:
- Upgrade - Co-Pilot Seat: This seat upgrade is for the
seat next to the pilot that has the advantage of 3 windows for
viewing the tour and is separate from the other guests. Seat is
subject to weight and balance restrictions.
- Upgrade - Window Seat: This upgrade guarantees a
window seat. Seat is subject to weight and balance restrictions.
Seat may be forward facing or backwards facing. If a guest doesn't
believe they can sit backwards facing please note next to name of
guest. Every effort will be made not to place guest backwards
facing, but may not be guaranteed due to weight capacity and
balancing of craft. Please note, the capacity surcharge already includes
a window seat guarantee.
- Extra Seat Charge: For guests weighing over 269 lbs (122 kg) an
Extra Seat Charge is required. If you did not select the Extra
Seat Charge and weigh over 269 lbs (122 kg) at check-in you will still
be charged directly by Paradise Helicopters before the flight.
Big Island Waterfalls
Big Island Coast
- Where and When:
- Morning: departing between 8:00 am & 10:00 am
Mid-day: departing between 11:00 am & 12:00 pm
Afternoon: departing between 1:00 pm & 2:00 pm
The exact departure time for your preferred time frame will be specified on your voucher. Departs from Kona International Airport View Map
- Each child (13 and under) must be accompanied by an adult.
- Passengers weighing over 269 lbs (122 kg) will be assessed an Extra Seat Charge. Passengers paying the Extra Seat Charge will be guaranteed a window seat and an empty seat next to them.
Children under the age of 2 AND under 30 lbs (13.5 kg) fly free when seated in the lap of a paying adult. Children who are 24 months and older or children who are under 24 months but weigh over 30 lbs (13.5 kg) require an individual full-fare seat.
Passengers need to bring a government issued photo ID. International passengers will need their passport.
- Special Notes:
- When you choose a time frame we will email you an exact time your flight will take place. If you need to book an exact time for your flight, please call to make a reservation.
- Operation Days:
- Monday - Saturday
- Approx. 1.5 to 2 hours total flight time
- Paradise Helicopters
- BELL 407 Helicopter, featuring a spacious, wide body cabin and oversized windows for an outstanding view.