Paradise Helicopters - Doors Off Lava & Rainforest Adventure
Paradise Helicopters’ Doors Off Experience gives you the chance to enjoy volcanic activity first hand, from a helicopter….with no doors!
This Big Island Helicopter Tour is a unique and exciting way to spend your Hawaiian vacation. This Big Island Tour gives you the chance to hear and feel the wind rushing by your face as you look out the huge opening. The Doors Off Experience is not for the faint of heart but is perfect for the adventure seeker! When you book your Paradise Helicopters Hawaii Activities through Big Island Activities Discount, you’re sure to save both time and money.
This Big Island Helicopter Tour includes:
No Doors In The Way
Narration By Pilots Who Will Answer Your Questions
Two-way Communication that Allows You To Speak Directly With Your Pilot
See lush jungles, volcanoes, and the waterfalls above Hilo town
The thrill of an open cockpit
When you’re booking your Big Island Activities, Hawaii Activities, and Big Island Tours through Big Island Activities Discount, be sure to ask about Paradise Helicopters’ Doors Off Experience Big Island Helicopter Tour!
- 45-minute helicopter tour adventure
- Fly over Kilauea, the most active volcano on earth and see its current activity
- See Hilo and the surrounding rainforests and waterfalls
- Plenty of great photo opportunities
- Fully-narrated helicopter tour
- Two-way communication allowing you to speak directly with your pilot
Tour Upgrades and Additional Information:
- Upgrade - Window Seat: This upgrade guarantees a window seat. Seat is subject to weight and balance restrictions. Please note the capacity surcharge already includes a window seat guarantee.
- Capacity Surcharge: A capacity surcharge is required for guest who
weight between 266 and 300 lbs at check in. A window seat is guaranteed
with the capacity surcharge. If you did not select the capacity
surcharge and weigh between these amounts at check in you will still be
charged directly by Paradise Helicopters before the flight.
- Extra Seat Charge: For guest that weigh 300+ lbs a Extra Seat
Charge is required. If you did not select the extra seat charge and
weigh between these amounts at check in you will still be charged
directly by Paradise Helicopters before the flight.
- Where and When:
- Morning: departing between 8:30 am & 10:30 am
Mid-day: departing between 11:30 am & 1:30 pm
Afternoon: departing between 2:30 pm & 4:30 pm
The exact departure time for your preferred time frame will be specified on your voucher. Departs from Hilo International Airport
- Each child (13 and under) must be accompanied by an adult. Children will not be seated next to an open door.
- No children under the age of 8 years.
Passengers need to bring a government issued photo ID. International passengers will need their passport.
Passengers weighing between 266-300 lbs (120-136 kg) will be assessed a Capacity Surcharge for Hilo flights. Passengers paying the Capacity Surcharge will be guaranteed a window seat. Passengers weighing over 300 lbs (136 kg) will be assessed an Extra Seat Charge. Passengers paying an Extra Seat Charge will be guaranteed a window seat and an empty seat next to them.
- Special Notes:
- Only 2 window seat upgrades available per flight.
- Operation Days:
- Approx. 45 minutes
- Paradise Helicopters
- Hughes MD500 Helicopter
Paradise Helicopters has been a leader in helicopter safety since their founding in 1997. They actively work to identify and mitigate risk and use best practices for all operations. This includes using FAA-approved seat belts with quick releases on their flights as well as conducting specific passenger safety training prior to each flight. In the past five years, Paradise Helicopters established a robust Safety Management System and has completed the International Business Aviation Councils Stage 2 certification. In 2016, Paradise became the first air-tour company in the world to be certified by Helicopter Association Internationals Accreditation Program of Safety (HAI-APS) for Air Tour Operations.