Paradise Helicopters - Volcanoes & Waterfalls Adventure (from Hilo)
Big Island Helicopter Tours such as the Volcano Helicopter Adventure are fantastic tours to participate in during your Big Island vacation. This Big Island Tour leaves from Hilo Airport and then goes on to bring you over lush, tropical rainforest until you reach the incredible Kilauea Volcano. Observe the volcanic rebirth of the Big Island while you check out the power of volcanoes up close and personal. This Hilo Volcano Helicopter Adventure lasts for fifty minutes. When you reserve Paradise Helicopters Hawaii Activities through Big Island Activities Discount, you’re sure to save both time and money!
During the return trip, you’ll cruise above Mauna Loa’s slopes and be able to view the Wailuku River, where a number of waterfalls flow into gorgeous crystal ponds. Hawaii Helicopter Tours provide you with a bird’s eye view of the natural beauty of the Big Island.
When you’re booking your Big Island Activities and Big Island Tours through Big Island Activities Discount, be sure to ask about Paradise Helicopters Hawaii Activities such as Big Island Helicopter Tours and the Volcano Helicopter Adventure.
- 45-minute helicopter tour adventure
- Fly over Kilauea, the most active volcano on earth and see its current activity
- See Hilo and the surrounding rainforests and waterfalls
- Plenty of great photo opportunities
- Fully-narrated helicopter tour
- Two-way communication allowing you to speak directly with your pilot
Tour Upgrades and Additional Information:
- Upgrade - Co-Pilot Seat: This seat upgrade is for the seat
next to the pilot that has the advantage of 3 windows for viewing
the tour and is separate from the other guests. Seat is subject to
weight and balance restrictions.
- Upgrade - Window Seat: This upgrade guarantees a window seat. Seat is subject to weight and balance restrictions. If a Bell 407 is flown seat may be forward facing or backwards facing, if a guests doesn't believe they can sit backwards facing please note next to name of guest. Every effort will be made not to place guest backwards facing but may not be guaranteed due to weight capacity and balancing of craft. Please note the capacity surcharge already includes a window seat guarantee.
- Extra Seat Charge: For guest that weigh above 269 lbs a Extra Seat
Charge is required. If you did not select the extra seat charge and
weigh above 269 lbs at check in you will still be charged directly by
Paradise Helicopters before the flight.
- Note for parties of 5 or 6 people: The BELL 407 helicopter (holds up to 6 passengers) is only available on Tuesdays. If you are a party of 5 or 6 people and would like to fly on the BELL 407, please give us a call prior to making a reservation so we can check if the helicopter is available for your tour date.
- Where and When:
- Morning: departing between 9:30 am & 11:00 am
Mid-day: departing between 11:30 am & 1:00 pm
Afternoon: departing between 1:30 pm & 3:30 pm
The exact departure time for your preferred time frame will be specified on your voucher. Departs from Hilo International Airport
- Each child (13 and under) must be accompanied by an adult.
- Passengers weighing over 269 lbs (122 kg) will be assessed an Extra Seat Charge. Passengers paying the Extra Seat Charge will be guaranteed a window seat and an empty seat next to them.
Children under the age of 2 AND under 30 lbs (13.5 kg) fly free when seated in the lap of a paying adult. Children who are 24 months and older or children who are under 24 months but weigh over 30 lbs (13.5 kg) require an individual full-fare seat.
Passengers need to bring a government issued photo ID. International passengers will need their passport.
- Special Notes:
- When you choose a time frame we will email you an exact time your flight will take place. If you need to book an exact time for your flight, please call to make a reservation.
- Operation Days:
- Monday - Saturday
- Approx. 45, 60 or 90 minutes based on current lava activity
- Paradise Helicopters
- Either the BELL 407 Helicopter which holds 6 people or the Hughes MD500 which holds 4 people.